Thursday, 2 February 2012

Fun with Word Clouds




Inspired by this post http://hoperoberson.blogspot.com/2012/02/six-little-words.html I headed to Wordle and pasted in my experimental fiction assigment from last semester.The blogger, Hope Roberson, does warn that word clouds are addictive...

It's a psychomonologue narrated by a woman whose life revolves around her anxiety and her boyfriend. I'm surprised by how 'normal' the word cloud looks: nothing shouts out 'experiemntal'. I suppose the sheer size of 'Luke' does hint at the narrator's obsession.

It's strange to see my story summarised like this - and strangely compelling. Might be an intriguing way to submit writing... Also a handy visual to spot over-used words. Most of all, though, it's fun!

4 comments:

  1. ...addictive, to be sure. Not so much like cigarettes, or that morning cup'a joe, but from a writer's standpoint, like a crossword puzzle over breakfast ;)

    Thanks so much for the link. And incidentally, my son's name is Luke as well.

    El

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is so cool. I've got to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Love your word cloud. I played around with them ALL night! They really are addicting. So much fun. Luke must be pretty important to the story. Love it! :) And nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete