Tuesday, 3 April 2012

A Springy Feeling!

I love spring. Mainly because I adore summer and spring reminds me summer is on its way! As I said in my last post, I'm trying to adopt a more relaxed approach to writing (and life). In keeping with this, I spent much of last week sunbathing and reading in the garden.

I also seem to be in the mood for spring cleaning. I suppose now I've finished seminars, it's natural to not only file away all my notes, but to take stock and tidy up. This involved me reorganising my books yesterday, so I could put away recently-acquired books. I disturbed an astonishing amount of dust. I berated myself for having so many books and made a half-hearted resolution to buy no more until I've read all of the books I own. I also realised that if Devon is ever struck by an earthquake strong enough to shake books off shelves, I could be in trouble. The next phase is sorting out my vast piles of magazines...

The biggest surprise, however, is I'm making good progress with my writing. Nothing dramatic, but the ideas are flowing and I keep working on my WIPs. Obviously, I hoped this would happen. I'm just surprised to be progressing without pressuring myself with mini-deadlines.

So I'm enjoying the clement (though cooler than last week) weather and the young birds squabbling on the roof. I'm enjoying reading whatever takes my fancy. And I'm enjoying feeling relatively relaxed and productive :-)

5 comments:

  1. It's lovely to get that springy feeling isn't it. Lovely to have a clear out, and feel more upbeat. I don't know if Devon gets many earthquakes. Just hide under the stairs and not a bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sorting out books too and am surprised by how many were waiting to be read; a few already begun and then set aside. I must put them in some sort of order and then work my way through them before I order any more. It's just that Amazon makes it so temptingly easy.

    As for the dust, I'm shocked by how much I found. However, I've abandoned the idea of Spring cleaning this morning, having spotted the snow falling. I think the wintry spell of weather that's arrived gives me the perfect excuse to bury myself in the writing instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is my favorite time of year. I love the flowers blooming and the rain, rain, rain. LOL. Good that you are making progress on your WIP!

    Jen from http://falling4fiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley, I have tagged you with the Sunshine Award at my blog, if you would like to do it. Don't worry if you don't have time. I know you're busy with your writing, and wouldn't want to distract you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments :-) Hope you're all keeping cheerful and springy!

    Thanks for tagging me, Joanne - I've just posted it.

    ReplyDelete