Monday, 3 June 2013

Disappearances

I haven't posted for a while, which is the obvious disappearance. Neither have I been writing much elsewhere, thanks to the disappearance of my motivation and confidence. I've felt depressed. And worrying about not writing didn't help!

Mental illness can be unpredictable. There's no rhyme or reason concerning phases when I feel more depressed and/or anxious. Hence I feel pretty crap at a time when my life is relatively stable and some good things have been happening.

I don't have any answers. The main reason I'm posting is to say "hi, I'm still around" and if it also reassures people in similar situations that they are not alone, all the better. My strategy is to take it easy (as much as I can!), be easy on myself (ditto!) and spend time thinking about how to change things for the better. I hope to resume writing soon, but right now writing anything is a bonus - and that includes this post!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have felt depressed, but glad you wrote your post, Hayley. Hopefully, much more writing will follow on from this once you are ready.
    The good thing about writing is that it waits for us and will always be there when the time is right to take it up again. In the meantime, you are right to be kind to yourself and let your recovery happen at its own pace. Let us know how you are getting on. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you turn that corner again soon. Maybe blogging is the first step back to taking pleasure in those good things in your life. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take time to be kind to yourself, Hayley - it's good you've managed to blog.

    ReplyDelete