Tuesday, 23 September 2014

A Sorry Excuse for a Post

Shelley at My Resolution Challenge very kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award and I said I'd accept, but am forced into semi-acceptance because the internet on the family desktop computer isn't working and my iPad won't copy the pic and makes linking challenging. In lieu of a proper acceptance post, I offer you...half! 

I've linked back to Shelley as required (and it's one of the most inspiring blogs I follow, so check it out!), but won't nominate anyone because I'll mess it up and end up deleting the whole post. I can't display the pic, but I will offer you 7 facts about myself:

1/. I have my nose pierced. I wanted it done since I was about 10 and finally got it when I was 16. It's been nearly 14 years and I have never regretted having it done — even if my nose does bleed whenever someone hits the left side!

2/. I love screwball comedies. They are so much more intelligent and less sexist than most modern romantic comedies, though most were made in the 30s and 40s. And if they star Cary Grant, all the better...

3/. I'm a little obsessed with tennis. I will stay up very late (I think 6am was the latest) to watch matches, but don't ask me to reel off statistics because I can never remember figures.

4/. I blame my love of spaniels on Dogtanian. It's the floppy ears, I think. I was in love with him as a kid and listening to the theme tune on Youtube makes me all misty eyed...

5/. My favourite song is Across the Universe by The Beatles. It reminds me to rise above all the crap life throws at me.

6/. I like vintage style. Especially 1950s stuff, though I also expand into the 40s and 60s. It's something I've chosen to embrace recently, so I don't have many vintage-inspired clothes yet, but would love to buy more! Katherine Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe are my style icons.

7/. I have Borderline Personality Disorder. It's not a secret and there's no shame in it, so I declare it whenever I can! It's my way of chipping away at the stigma surrounding mental illness in general and BPD in particular.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog award! They're so fun ^^

    I've considered getting my nose pierced, but I'm not sure I'll ever do it. It's the only "facial" piercing I'd consider, I think. I've got multiple holes in my ears, which I remember to adorn with varying success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I've got three pairs of holes in my earlobes, but only have small silver rings in the middle one most of the time. I'm allergic to nickel and silver plating wears off when I wear a pair of earrings all the time, so I tend to leave them for going out — when I remember!

      Delete
  2. Great post Hayley, I love reading about other people and what makes them tick (I believe they call it nosy!) I do enjoy the blog awards.
    I've only ever pierced my ears (twice) but I am a tattoo fan and am currently planning my second in time for Christmas - the first was a present to myself after I left my violent husband!
    Congrats on the award, I didn't even have to think about it, you sprung to mind straight away. Keep up the great work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelley! Wish I could have done a better job of posting... Ah well, posting with the iPad is tricky, but not exactly a hardship! :-)

      Delete