Thursday, 30 October 2014

I Have a Published Story!

I have mentioned that I sold my first story this summer, but I was rather coy about it because my superstitious streak told me not to jinx it. So now it's in print, I can shout it from the rooftops! The story is called Fighting On Home Turf and it's in the second issue of Confingo magazine, which you can buy here.

I am, of course, thrilled to be published. Although I started submitting stories regularly earlier this year, I have been writing and honing my craft for years, so being published is encouraging and a reward for my hard work. I hope it's the first of many pieces of my writing to be published, but for now I'm proud of this small achievement.

10 comments:

  1. You must be thrilled. Congratulations. Hopefully it's the first of many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Hayley - that is a fabulous looking magazine :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

      Delete
  3. That's brilliant - well done, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you :-) It's definitely a step in the right direction!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic news - well done, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete