Monday, 25 May 2015

Eek, it's Happening!

The Scatterbrain's Guide to Getting (and Staying) organised is now available for pre-order on Amazon!



It's happened so fast that I'm struggling to get my head around it. I can hardly believe that a couple of weeks ago, scatterbrainguides.com didn't exist and the book wasn't started, let alone written.

It demonstrates what can happen if you put your mind to it: once you stop waiting and start being proactive, things slip into place faster than you would ever expect. In addition, I haven't had time to feel too anxious about my new venture, because I've been so busy! It demonstrates a truism I keep encountering:
The best cure for worries/fears is taking action.

I'm trying to remember that as I develop this project and another I've got lined up (I will tell you soonish, promise!). It's easy to get distracted by spiralling thoughts about how I'm destined to fail and it's a stupid idea anyway and nobody will ever be interested... Of course, the only way to prove if my fears are correct is to take action, so I tell myself it's an experiment to find out whether or not my fears are unfounded. The ridiculous thing is, in my experience, even when some fears are realised it's never as bad as the worst case scenario I imagined. So even if my business fails, I'm sure I will learn a lot and I will definitely be glad I gave it a shot.

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get the novel finished, Hayley. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzy :-) My own novel is on the back burner at the moment! Its first incarnation didn't work, so it needs a lot of reworking...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Hayley. Your book looks fantastic and your advice that taking action can dispel the fear is absolutely spot on. I find that the things I worry about most never seem to happen, so it is best to take the plunge and enjoy the thrill of being busy and, of course, organised! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Hayley! Looking forward to reading it - I'll get back to you on the blog visit after my trip away.

    ReplyDelete