Monday, 15 June 2015

Short Story Ebook Out Now!

Product DetailsBuy on Amazon UK  Buy on Amazon.com

Nobody warned me that self-publishing could be addictive... A couple of people suggested I self-publish some of my short stories, in addition to the Scatterbrain Guides I am publishing through Kindle Direct. I hadn't considered doing so, because I've always preferred to go down more traditional routes when it comes to my fiction. However, these three stories work well together and since I don't have the time at the moment to publish a full collection, a mini ebook seemed a good way of testing the water and seeing whether people are interested in my short stories.

Here's a description from my website:
3 Lurm Valley Tales Three loosely linked short stories set in a fictionalised East Devon. Strong as a Winch Cable is the diary of a stressed out teenager who falls in love with a mermaid. Identity Theft is presented as letters from a middle-aged woman who fears a doppelgänger is taking over her life, to a prisoner on Death Row. Over The Edge is comprised of a lawyer’s notes and interview transcripts as an investigation is made into how a rave may or may not have stirred an ancient, malevolent spirit. Somewhat unconventional in format and subject, this ebook offers a taster of Hayley N Jones’s short fiction.

It's part of my new attitude to life: instead of worrying about whether something will work, try it and see! After all, most people have several failures under their belt and the alternative is to remain too scared to do anything, to put yourself on the line and your writing online. I have spent too many years being scared. It's time to get out there. My new motto: if you're not failing enough, you're not trying hard enough!

6 comments:

  1. Great to see you getting your work out there, Hayley! I'm just back from holiday but will check these out at some point as they sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary :-) I've often found myself drawn to weird stuff in my writing... Not sure what that says about me!

      Delete
  2. Love your attitude! You don't lose anything by giving something a try!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jemi. I'm bloody terrified, but I recently read that if people criticise your work/writing, at least they're reading it!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Hayley. It's brilliant to see you bringing out your work and these stories sound intriguing. Wishing you great success. xx

    ReplyDelete