Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Hello! I've been terrible at keeping up this blog, but I'm reluctant to abandon it because it has helped me through so much over the past 4 years. If you enjoy reading my musings, please check out Resurfacing and Rewriting. It's a mental health blog and everyone should think about their mental health and how to manage it — regardless of whether they have experienced mental illness or not.

I'm trying to figure out how to start making a living from writing and writing-related freelance work, like editing and proofreading. A major problem is my confidence in approaching people: I have few "contacts" and my anxiety means I'm terrible at networking, even online. It's frustrating, because I have confidence in my skills and my ability to do a good job, but I don't get many opportunities to demonstrate this because of my lack of confidence in networking.

I'm trying to work on short stories at the moment, because there are a few themed submission deadlines coming up that I really want to meet. It's not going very well... I suppose the trick is to keep scribbling and hope something emerges from the dross!

No comments:

Post a Comment